Conflict & Security
Moscow region drone swarm wounds three, Russia says
A swarm of 620 drones flew towards the Moscow region overnight, Russian officials said on Tuesday, reporting that three people were wounded and buildings were struck.
Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said on the state-backed MAX platform that Russian air defences destroyed more than 180 of the drones over the capital region.
Moscow region Governor Andrey Vorobyov said on Telegram that three people were wounded, including a 10-year-old girl. He said air defence and electronic warfare forces had been repelling a large-scale drone attack on the Moscow region overnight and in the morning.
Vorobyov said the “most serious consequences” were reported in Pavlovsky Posad district, where a house burned down.
E-commerce company Wildberries said its logistics complex in the Moscow region sustained minor damage. The company said debris hit the wall of the building.
Ukraine and Russia have increased long-distance attacks while frontline fighting remains near a standstill and talks are frozen. Ukraine has struck multiple Wildberries warehouses in recent weeks, saying the company supplies components for Russian drones.
Update
Moscow region Governor Andrey Vorobyov said three people were wounded, including a 10-year-old girl.
Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said Russian air defences destroyed more than 180 drones over the capital region.
Vorobyov said the most serious consequences were in Pavlovsky Posad district, where a house burned down.
Wildberries said its logistics complex sustained minor damage after debris hit a wall.
Source note: AFP news report published on 18 August 2026 at 04:29:11 UTC.
Update
Russian officials reported several people wounded and buildings struck.
Moscow Governor Andrey Vorobyov said Russian air defences intercepted 180 drones over the capital's region.
Vorobyov said a Wildberries warehouse was also hit.
Source note: AFP news report published on 18 August 2026 at 04:01:47 UTC.
Uncertainty notes
The item does not explicitly identify who launched the 620 drones in the overnight incident.
The casualty and interception figures are attributed to Russian officials.
Source
AFP news report published on .