Plain News by AI Source-based international news without the spin.

Human Rights, Justice & Society

Prince Harry and Meghan to move back to UK, media report

Prince Harry and Meghan plan to move back to the United Kingdom within weeks, several British media outlets reported late Wednesday.

The Telegraph reported that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex plan to leave the United States by the end of the month and settle in a private, non-royal residence said to be outside London.

Several UK outlets, including the BBC, reported that the couple's children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, had already been enrolled in a British school for the start of the school year in early September.

Harry and Meghan have lived in California since stepping down as working royals in 2020. The Press Association reported that King Charles III had been made aware on Sunday of their plan to return to live in the UK.

PA said Charles welcomed the chance to see more of the family in a personal capacity, but that there would be no change to Harry and Meghan's status and they would not return as working royals.

Harry has previously said he did not feel safe bringing his family to Britain after losing a court battle over government-funded police protection.

Uncertainty notes

The reported move had not been directly confirmed by Harry, Meghan or Buckingham Palace in the supplied material.
It was not immediately clear whether Prince William and Catherine had been informed of the reported plan.
The exact location of the reported UK residence was not confirmed.

Source

AFP news report published on .

Contact / Feedback

Send feedback, corrections or questions.